I think I’m a tad obsessed with raw desserts … what can I say I LOVE them! They are easy to make, kind to your body & great for those who have allergies. This raw blueberry + lemon slice is great because it’s packed full of antioxidants, healthy fat & fibre, which to me = zero guilt.
Also with amazing Aussie summer fruit just around the corner, I doubt I’ll stop making them anytime soon … I’m already dreaming up a yummy mango cheesecake recipe! Come on mango season HURRY UP!!!
RAW BLUEBERRY + LEMON SLICE
(GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN)
1 cup of dried figs (make sure you remove the hard little stem)
1 cup of raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup raw almonds
3 cups cashews (soaked overnight) washed & drained well
Juice & zest of 1 or 2 lemons
(start with 1 lemon, taste & add more if needed. I used 1 1/2 lemons)
1 vanilla pod scraped out
1/2 cup of rice malt syrup
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
2 x (125g) punnets of fresh blueberries + a few extra for the middle & decorating
1. Line a tin or container (with a base of 23cm x 13cm) with cling wrap. Let some overhang the edge of the tin. This makes the slice easier to remove later.
2. In a food processor or high-speed blender (I used the Optimum 9400). Place all the base ingredients & blitz until it just comes together. Press evenly into the tin & pop into the freezer while you make the filling.
3. Place all the filling ingredients – except the blueberries in your processor/blender & blend until smooth. Have a taste and adjust the tartness.
4. Layer half this filling over your base.
5. Press a few whole blueberries into the mixture & pop back into the freezer to firm up a little before adding the next layer.
6. Add the fresh blueberries to the remaining filling in your processor/blender & blend until smooth.
7. Layer this over your first layer & pop back into the freezer to firm up.
8. You can store this slice in the fridge or freezer. It’s also nice semi-frozen now that the weather is heating up!
If you give it a whirl I would love to see a pic, so please tag me on Instagram.